- m e r l y s s a -
Wow, this is fast... it's already 2009 and I'm graduating in... 6 MONTHS! *fingers crossed* omg...

Well, I just got back from the 2 months holiday - rotten for a month in labuan and had fun for 2 weeks in kk...

In Labuan, nothing much happened... YamCha-ing with friends and pretty much was being a full time maid. In kk, went around shopping for both xmas and CNY clothes but not much been bought, cuz I think most of the nice ones already taken by others... Sigh... But, I did spent my fab times with my family, the bf and his family. All I did was eat, shop, go to beaches, and... EAT! KK is like food heaven, you can never get tired of eating... hehe...

So, 2008 just passed like that... Thinking back, I probably hadn't done much, but I did what I could...

recap of 2008...

In 2008, I dedicate most of my time for SC (Student Council)...


They are a bunch of capable people with different skills as a SC member and very supportive as a friend. They keep me motivated and ensure me things are gonna be okay, every single time, despite of whatever that comes in between. Initially, I was always worried and doubtful, but with them helping me and each other, things somehow worked out. Yes, I do admit that some of the events and things didn't go as how others want it to be, but for sure, we worked our ass off for every single event, and trust me, it wasn't easy. By the end of our term, I learnt that the outcome is already a past, and I just need to pack my bags and take the experience and friendship with me. I certainly have tried my best - trying to be a leader and at the same time trying to please people. I learnt so much about people and most importantly, myself. This experience gave me a heads up of who I am and what I really want in life. And one thing for sure, I make some pretty good friends along the way, although I may not know how long we can keep in touch, but each and everyone have made their mark in my life, and taught me different lessons about life. So, my crazy-SC-members-who never get serious in meetings, THANK YOU! =) *tears*

Here are some of our pictures together...
1st event, 1st sem Orientation 2008
Curtin Carnival & Youth Day 2008 "Hakuna Matata, Unleashing Youth"
*You've no idea how I have to hold them for an extra hour/two to come out with the theme during our meeting*I Looked like I almost sink cuz of the cleavage shot *says joe*
Curtin Masquerade GrandBall Year End Dinner - more pics in FB

There are many more events organised and all the pictures can be found in www.curtinsc.com

I wanna take this opportunity to thank each one of them!

Joe (VP) - Thanks for all the support, seriously, couldn't have done it without you. For being the "bad guy" for me, for always asking me to chill *altho at times I find it impossible*, for the ideas, opinions and thoughts, Joe, Thanks! =) I learnt a lot from you and I'm sorry if I made you feel I've left you out, you know I never meant to do it, and you really did help me a lot in your own ways. THANKS!

Sie Hung (S) - Dear, Thank you for being patient with me, helping me out with all the details and stuffs that I could not handle. Thank you for being a friend altho at times I know I can be very annoying. hehe... will miss you!

Iqbal (VS) - Altho I only get the chance to work with you for a sem, but you really did help me while you're around. I do really miss you when the clubs shoot me for forgetting to help them book classroom. Hehe.

Geraldine (T) - Darling, although you left Miri already, but I know when we meet again, we're still friends. Thanks for bearing with me with all the financial stuffs and thanks for always being there for me to hear my complaints.

Augustine (VT) - Thanks for helping me taking care of the financial stuffs, especially during carnival *altho I almost cekik you at some point*, but you did a good job! =) And thanks for helping me looking for lecturers interview student rep.

Activities Sub
Asfar - Thanks for always ensuring me that things will eventually fall in place *and it did*! I really really appreciate all your advices and it did gave me the confidence to move on. Thanks!

Vimel - My long skinny leg guy with a bright smile! Thanks for always being the negotiator between the clubs, you've always be a great helper and a friend when we needed you. Thanks! =)

Jojo - Thanks for helping me with the MPH booking, I know it must have been frustrating for you, but thanks for backing me on this! =)

Ian - Altho only get to work with you for a sem, but, you taught me how to see things from a different angle and it did helped me a lot in my decision making. Thanks for always being caring and you're a mashimaro forever! HEHE!

Academic Sub
Yii Yang - Thanks for helping me with the letters, the SCA, and being my PR manager for Carnival. Oh, and thanks for the nice poem that rhymes with my name! It is really meaningful and I really appreciate your help throughout the year! =) OH, and thanks for your textbooks too! =D

Aileen - Thanks for helping out in all the details in every event, and also being the messenger between CV! and SC~ Thanks! =)

Alan - Thanks for helping me out in organising the Curtin Sports Carnival, being the MC for Grand Ball, taking up the challenge and thanks for all the ideas, opinions and thoughts. It is very different and interesting! I certainly learnt a lot from you.

Welfare & Int Sub
Nadia - Thanks for helping me with the Notice Board Mission! I really appreciate your effort despite the busy weeks of assignments and Yes, I really like our new notice board! Thanks for all the ideas and thoughts thrown into the meetings, we need more people like you! =) Oh, and thanks for always volunteering to be our MC! HAHA~ *okla, by default la!* =P

Gala - Thanks for all the help! All of it, being the transport, giving ideas, man power during events and Oh! being the bonzer! HAHA~ Your help in a-lil-bit-of-everything became a great help to SC. Thanks!

Vicky - Thank you for helping out, especially during the events, I could see you sweating running here and there like there's a triathon but you never complained. I really appreaciate it! Thanks Vicky! =D

Wang Guan - Thanks for helping out in SC. I really appreciate you being the communicator between SC and the China Students. Also, thanks for the perspective on certains issues and it did helped me a lot in understanding the situation better.

It Sub
Chris - Thanks for being the OC for Grand Ball. It was a whole new idea, risks here and there, and I really enjoyed it! Thanks also for being a great help in IT also for all the ideas and giving us a thought from an international student perspective. Thanks! =)

Catherine - Cat Meow! Thank you so much for being a great help in starting the documentation thingy! It was a great effort and I really appreciate your help on the website and being the rep for IT. Thanks Cat!

Kai - My Lamest Kai, Thanks for always being ready to do designing for me although I know there are few times you almost wanna kill me for giving you last minute work, but still, you did a great job! Thanks for all the designs and no matter what, you're still the lamest! =P

SC members, Thank You for the experience and I really appreciate your assistance. Each and everyone of you taught me life lessons every now and then, and it certainly made a mark. I apologise if I've hurt you in anyway, trust me, I never intended any of it. I wish all of you nothing but the best, because you deserve it! =)

Till then, take care.

Yours Sincerely,
-Melissa-

*** An extra thanks to my ex-officio, whom is also my very good friend, Aylwin Lee Yoon Seng a.k.a the grasseater, Thanks a million for your assistance to me and the council... What you've done is more than what you should've done... *if that even make sense* Aaaaaaaaaaaanyways... Thanks! We sure do love to see you like this...

HAHAHAHAHAHH~~~

And not forgetting, my 2nd family, CSS (Catholic/crazy Student Society), who is always there for everyone... Although I have not been spending much time last year with this bunch, but I still love them... Never failed to impress me with their strength (emotionally and spiritually) and plus the unending jokes and games held every single outing, omg... missing it already... But, this year, its a year I'll be looking forward to, because we have lotsa plans, interesting ones, good ones, the coffee ones as well! yum yum! =D

see, we are a very BIG family, this is just few of us *in Siamese for our Year-End Dinner*, there are more!

So, I guess that sums up my 2008! It's time to let go of the past, enjoying the present and anticipate the future!

BUT STILL! with the coffeeness in me,
-merlyssa-.
0 Responses